A new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone update has been released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC by Infinity Ward, Raven Software, and Activision. In terms of updates, the August 11 update is a bit on the smaller side, but it does feature a few different fixes and a variety of weapon balance changes. Included are some changes to two over-powered guns run by many players right now: Bruen MK9 and FAL. However, while one got weaker, the other actually has seemingly been improved.
For whatever reason, Infinity Ward has increased the headshot damage for the FAL. Subsidizing this is a reduction in near damage, but it remains to be seen if that will fix the OP gun, especially if it's dealing out more headshot damage.
Below, you can check out the full patch notes:
- Fix for an issue where explosive rounds on the Rytec AMR could still be equipped in CDL modes
- Fix for an error players could receive when opening the weapon armory
- Fix for an exploit in the Shooting Range trial
- Increased headshot damage (2 hit at range with 1 headshot)
- Reduced near damage (limbs and lower torso always 3 shot)
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- Bruen MK9
- Reduced damage range
- Increased near damage
- Increased ADS Speed
As you may know, servers have been having issues all morning, but according to Infinity Ward this shouldn't be an issue anymore. That said, if it is, try restarting the game, as well as your console or PC. This seems to be working for players.
For more coverage on all things Call of Duty click here or continue to the relevant links below:
- Call of Duty: Warzone Reportedly Adding Big Fan-Requested Feature Soon
- Call of Duty 2020 Leak Reveals How and Where New Black Ops Game Will Be Revealed
- Call of Duty Sent a Bunch of People Projectors and Slides
- First Call of Duty 2020 Teaser Revealed
- Call of Duty 2020 Rumor Reveals Potential Bad News For Day One Players