Top Gun: Maverick has been an absolute juggernaut at the box office, passing $1 billion worldwide and recently becoming the fifth highest-grossing movie ever domestically. It's the movie that we all needed right now, and Paramount has revealed that you'll be able to watch it whenever you want on Blu-ray starting on November 1st. They've also revealed the list of special features that you'll be able to enjoy. This Day 1 purchase if there ever was one. If you agree, pre-orders for Top Gun: Maverick are live on Blu-ray in several different flavors, which now includes Top Gun Steelbook Superfan Collection. All of the details you need can be found below.
The Top Gun Superfan Collection includes includes two SteelBook cases with both 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Discs of Top Gun and Top Gun Maveric accesk withs to Digital copies of each film. There are also collectibles like dog tags, a leather "Maverick" keyring, magnetic decals, coasters and photos. You can pre-order it here on Amazon for $139.99 with a release date set for December 6th. If that's too rich for your blood, there are plenty of additional options below.
If you're all in on the 4K UHD+Digital Blu-ray, you pre-order Top Gun: Maverick in a SteelBoook edition, 2-Movie Collection, and a Standard edition. The film is also available on standard Blu-ray. A breakdown of these options and where to pre-order them are as follows:
- Top Gun: Maverick 4K Blu-ray (SteelBook Edition) – Pre-order at Best Buy / Amazon ($34.99)
- Top Gun / Top Gun: Maverick 4K Blu-ray (2 Movie Collection) – Pre-order at Best Buy / Amazon ($39.99)
- Top Gun: Maverick 4K Blu-ray – Pre-order at Best Buy / Amazon ($29.99)
- Top Gun: Maverick Blu-ray – Pre-order at Best Buy / Amazon ($24.99)
- Top Gun: Maverick DVD – Pre-order on Amazon ($19.96)
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
- Cleared For Take Off – Witness the most intense film training program as the cast prepare themselves for filming while pulling multiple G's in a fighter plane.
- Breaking New Ground – Filming Top Gun: Maverick-Prepare to take flight as you go behind-the-scenes with the cast and crew of Top Gun: Maverick on a journey to capture the most spectacular aerial sequences ever!
- A Love Letter To Aviation – Tom Cruise shares his passion for aviation as he pilots his own aircraft, a vintage World War II P-51 Mustang, which would have been the Top Gun aircraft of its day.
- Forging The Darkstar – Pushing the limits beyond Mach-10, the future of aviation is unveiled through an impressive experimental aircraft specially designed for the movie.
- Masterclass with Tom Cruise – Cannes Film Festival-Tom Cruise discusses his incredible career at the flagship event of the 75th Cannes Film Festival.
- "Hold My Hand" – Lady Gaga Music Video-Watch Lady Gaga's music video for her standout lead single hit on the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack.
- "I Ain't Worried" – OneRepublic Music Video-Check out the music video to the original new song from OneRepublic.
- Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Teaser Trailer – We all share the same fate. Watch the official teaser trailer for Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One starring Tom Cruise. Coming to theatres 2023.
Spencer Perry reviewed Top Gun: Maverick for ComicBook.com, and gave the film a 4.5 out of 5 noting:
"Top Gun: Maverick is a movie that is satisfying on the narrative level, in a visual sense, and when accounting for what the movie is actually about. The film is the rare sequel that outdoes the original in every way, delivering the ultimate theatrical experience that will have audiences convinced they've just hit crossed Mach 5 themselves."
The synopsis for Top Gun: Maverick reads: "After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy's top aviators, Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him."
"When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt. Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: 'Rooster,' the son of Maverick's late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Nick Bradshaw, aka 'Goose.' Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it."